Find out about regional development projects that have been completed or are underway in the South West region of Western Australia. Information on funding programs currently available is also provided here.
Funding allocated in 2010-11
Funding allocated – State budget
$484.9million of State Budget funding has been allocated to regional development projects in the South West Region for 2010-11.
Highlights for the South West region include:
- $312.1million for the construction of the Southern Seawater Desalination Plant near Binningup
- $96 million-on upgrading and building new schools, including $12.5 million for Harvey Agricultural School and $4.2 million for the Trade Training Centre at Manjimup Senior High School
- $23.7million for various roadworks in Bunbury including Eelup Rotary upgrade
- $13.4million for the Collie Wellington Salinity Diversion
- $11.5million for the construction of a new radiotherapy facility at South West Health Campus
- $7.8million for Collie Power Station and Basin Infrastructure provision through Verve Energy
- $6.3million for the South West Regional College of TAFE
- $4million to upgrade Coalfields Highway between Wellington Dam turnoff and Collie
- $4million on various projects within Bunbury Port
- $3.5million for water distribution and reticulation programs within the Bunbury Water Board
- $2.6million to construct the Community Fire and Rescue Service (Australind Fire Station)
Source: Budget Regional Highlights 2010-11 (available in Statistics section).
Funding allocated through Royalties for Regions
More than $28.2million of Royalties for Regions
funding has been allocated to regional development projects in the South West Region for 2010-11.
Grants and funding available
There is a range of funding programs currently available through the Royalties for Regions
initiative, including the:
- Country local government fund
- Regional grants scheme
- Boarding away from home allowance
- Country age pension fuel card
- Exploration incentive scheme
- Patient assisted travel allowance
- Regional airport development scheme
South West regional development contacts
If you have a query related to regional development in the South West region, please contact the Department of Regional Development and Lands or the South West Development Commission. Details are provided in South West Contacts