Find out about regional development projects that have been completed or are underway in the Gascoyne region of Western Australia. Information on funding programs currently available is also provided here.
Funding allocated in 2010-11
Funding allocated – State budget
$62.8million of State Budget funding has been allocated to regional development projects in the Gascoyne Region for 2010-11.
Highlights for the Gascoyne region include:
- $34.1million on the redevelopment of the Carnarvon Power Station
- $14.7million to complete additions and improvements to Exmouth District High School
- $4.4million for the development of a new Government Office Centre in Denham
- $3million to construct the Carnarvon Boat Ramp, funded by Royalties for Regions
- $2.8million to complete the Burringurrah Remote Multi‑Functional Police Facility
- $2.3million to construct an additional 46 floating pens in Exmouth Boat Harbour
- $1.5million to undertake planning activities for the Carnarvon Police and Justice Complex
Funding allocated through Royalties for Regions
More than $42.2million of Royalties for Regions
funding has been allocated to regional development projects in the Gascoyne Region for 2010-11.
Regional development projects
Regional Grants Scheme
The Regional Grants Scheme is an initiative of Royalties for Regions
that aims to improve economic and community infrastructure and services in regional Western Australia.
The funding is provided to assist infrastructure, services and community projects, including the provision of headworks, and to assist in the broad development of the community.
Funding of $159.7million over five years is committed for the revitalisation of the Gascoyne region, including $31million in 2010-11. This significant investment by Royalties for Regions will see funding of $2.1m provided to the construction of service workers accommodation in Coral Bay; a new irrigation pipeline in Carnarvon servicing the horticulture district ($7.6m over 2 years) and $150m commencing in 2010-11 over five years committed to projects under the Gascoyne Revitalisation Plan funding major infrastructure, headworks and community priority projects identified by the local government authorities of Carnarvon, Exmouth, Shark Bay and Upper Gascoyne working with the Gascoyne Development Commission and the Department of Regional Development and Lands.
More information about the Gascoyne Revitalisation project is available in the Programs and Projects section of this website.
Grants and funding available
There is a range of funding programs currently available through the Royalties for Regions
initiative, including the:
- Country local government fund
- Regional grants scheme
- Boarding away from home allowance
- Country age pension fuel card
- Exploration incentive scheme
- Patient assisted travel allowance
- Regional airport development scheme.
Gascoyne regional development contacts
If you have a query related to regional development in the Gascoyne region, please contact the Department of Regional Development and Lands or your Regional Development Commission. Details are provided in Gascoyne – Contacts